Driveway & Pedestrian Gates
FACTORY DIRECT – SAVE OVER 25%!
Manufactured from treated timbers
Primed ready for your colour!
Solid mortise and tenon construction,
25 Year Limited Warranty, Delivery Australia wide!
PRIMED & TREATED TIMBER
MACHINED TENON JOINTS
GATE CONSTRUCTION PLANS
How to measure your gates!
1. Measure the opening size where the gate is to be located (side to side).
2. Deduct 20mm for clearance for single gates, or 30mm for double gates.
3. Measure the height of your opening on both sides. Deduct 40mm for clearance from the largest measurement. If your land is not level the gate can be trimmed up to 50mm to fit.
4. Select the style of gate you require or a plan of your custom design.
5. Choose either assembled or DIY Kits.
6. Pay the deposit ($100) to process your order. We will contact you prior to manufacture to confirm measurements. The balance is due prior to delivery.
7. In the payment option write the exact size you require.
Manufacture takes 7 to 10 days.
Colonial Architecture is the term used for the buildings constructed in Australia between European settlement in January 1788 and about 1840.
The first buildings of the British penal settlement in Sydney were a prefabricated house for the Governor and a similarly prefabricated Government Store to house the colony’s supplies. Sydney was a tent settlement. Building anything more substantial was made unnecessarily difficult by the poor quality of spades and axes that had been provided and the shortage of nails.
The first imported roofing material was corrugated iron sheeting. Roofs of this type were to become part of the Australian vernacular. As better tools became available the Colonial builders became adept at working the extremely hard and durable timber of the native hardwood forests. The majority of houses were built of split logs rather than sawn timber.
COLONIAL gates are charactorised by the straight top rail and protruding stiles (sides) and thick timbers. These gates can be combined with a simple decorative motif (club or keyslot) or feature timber posts. Gates can be swing mounted or fixed to a sliding gate frame and can be automated if required.
Colonial Gate Photo Gallery
EASY TO BUILD DIY KITS
Our gates are available in DIY Kits that can be assembled in under 1 hour! Easy to follow step by step instructions. Solid mortise and tenon construction for ease of assembly! Pre-primed and treated timbers for high durability in exposed locations. SAVE 20% and transport costs by ordering our DIY gate kits. Only handtools required!
MANUFACTURE & DELIVERY
We manufacture gates and DIY kits at our yard at 8 Faversham Street Marrickville, NSW. Orders can be picked up from the factory, or We can deliver your gates or DIY kits Australia Wide. We also supply installation services to most areas of Australia through our network of All Day Fencing franchises